• Concept: Brainwave-reactive, animatronic horns and wings based on fantastical beings. Beautiful and animalistic.
• Materials: Necomimi, leather, ribbon, metal, feathers, LEDs, wire, yarn.
• Construction: December ’12 – January ’13
The Necomimi Brainwave Cat Ears by NeuroSky detect fluctuations in brain wave activity to twitch and wiggle a pair of fuzzy cat ears atop your head, visually indicating your attention level. We decided to take them apart to see how they work! Watch the video on YouTube (please subscribe!) and Vimeo, and checkout the teardown details on the Adafruit Learning System.
Tools used in this teardown:
- Precision screwdriver set
- Soldering iron
- Solder wick
- Flush diagonal cutters
- Helping hand tool
- USB microscope with articulated stand