I’ve begun work on a new project that I am tentatively referring to as the PiBoy Advance. This will be a portable multi-emulator machine built into the modified case of an original DMG-01 GameBoy. I’ve seen plenty of similar mods like this but I’ve never run across one built around a Raspberry Pi. So, what all will this build include?
- 2.5 inch Color LCD (possibly upgraded to 3.5 at some point)
- Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM)
- 4 Face buttons, 2 Shoulder buttons
- 32GB of storage
- 8400 mAh Battery pack (providing about 9 Hours of continuous play)
- Many thousands of games across platforms such as: SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameGear, MAME, Neo-Geo, and PS1)
- USB Rechargable
I will be posting a fully detailed build log once the project is completed but for now I will be making updates as I rech milestones in the process….
Featured Adafruit Products!
NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display – 2.5″ Diagonal: Yes, this is an adorable small television! The visible display measures only 2.5″ (6.35cm) diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use – simply connect 6-15VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There’s two little buttons to adjust the LED backlight brightness up and down (32 levels) and a button that ‘flips’ the display horizontally – there is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box. (read more)
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.