Ladyada was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year by Entrepreneur Magazine today! Thank you everyone in the maker, open-source, hacker, artist, engineer and designer community who nominated and voted for Ladyada Entrepreneur of the Year, from the beginning of the process, the nomination and the finals, it all took us by surprise. The fantastic folks nominated all have amazing companies, causes and efforts, we’re trilled to be included with them. Thank you!
The magazine’s Entrepreneur of 2012, Limor Fried, founded Adafruit Industries in 2005 and through it, is educating and inspiring the next generation of engineers and scientists. The open-source hardware and electronics company not only designs a catalog full of cool tech products that clients can order–it gives away the step-by-step instructions and tutorials for them to learn how to do so themselves. Fried’s new badging system also makes learning exciting for kids, by rewarding them for mastering new tech-savvy skills, and furthers the educational mission of Adafruit Industries.
- FAVE QUOTE: “We are what we celebrate.” —entrepreneur and inventor Dean Kamen
- WORDS OF WISDOM: “Be the change. If you want to live in a world that looks a certain way, don’t wait around for someone else to do it.” —business partner Phil Torrone
- REQUIRED READING: Makers: The New Industrial Revolution by Chris Anderson
- ENTREPRENEURIAL IDOL: Tim O’Reilly, founder of O’Reilly Media, publisher of countless maker-friendly magazines and books
- BIGGEST MOTIVATOR: Feedback that Adafruit is inspiring the next generation of engineers
- DESIGN INSPIRATION: New York City
Previous profile here, and here’s a preview of the article January 2013: Feature: Entrepreneur of the Year here. And an interview “Magazine names hacker Limor Fried ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’” on CNET here.
With this award comes great expectations and responsibilities for all of us at Adafruit to keep doing a good for our community, customers and for our team. Thank you everyone for all the support.Related
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.