NEW PRODUCT – Raspberry Pi User Guide by Gareth Halfacree and Eben Upton. Raspberry Pi User Guide contains everything the reader needs to know to get up and running on the Raspberry Pi. Written by Gareth Halfacree and Eben Upton, the co-creator of Raspberry Pi, the book shows how to:
- Connect the Raspberry Pi to other devices — keyboard, mouse, monitor
- Install the necessary software
- Learn basic Linux System Admin in order to understand files systems etc.
- Configure the Raspberry Pi
- Set-up the Raspberry Pi as a simple Productivity computer
- Set-up Raspberry Pi as a web server
- Write basic programs in Scratch and Python
- Create simple hardware projects
- Set up the Raspberry Pi to drive a multimedia center
Raspberry Pi User Guide is an ideal companion when starting out using the Raspberry Pi board.
The Raspberry Pi® is a single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of stimulating the teaching of basic computer science in schools. The design is based on a Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip (SoC), which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 256 megabytes of RAM. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage – Wikipedia.
Raspberry Pi® and logo are trademarks of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro” ? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi.Related