Over the past couple of weeks, the team working on the new Adafruit Learning System has been churning out updates almost daily. Having a nice small team allows us to test, tweak, update, and deploy rapidly. Here are some of the highlights of the last few updates:
- We have done a lot to optimize the PDF downloads. With this latest update we have made images in the PDF larger, got Github Gists to display correctly, and included text at the end to know how older your downloaded version is. A Github Gist is Gist is a simple way to share snippets and pastes with others. All gists are git repositories, so they are automatically versioned, forkable and usable as a git repository. Learn more about how Gists work here, and see a demo of a Gist in the Learning System here.
- Many new mobile device enhancements.
- We can now embed time encoded Youtube videos. This allows us to embed a video and have it start at a certain time (get to the good stuff). Here is an example of this feature in use.
- Similar to what we did with the Adafruit.com store, we have implemented search using Sphinx for fast and reliable results. Learn more about the Open Source Sphinx search system here.
- We have made a lot of changes to the homepage, mainly on the admin side, to allow our team to work together in an efficient way.
- Our biggest update was probably the ‘Featured in this Guide’ sidebar. This is a great way to see exactly what Adafruit products are being used in that particular guide so you can make sure you have the right stuff on hand.
- We love the way the Adafruit Learning System looks and acts on mobile devices, but couldn’t stand looking at a pixelated logo on a retina display. Now all graphics, and the logo are retina ready.
We have a ton of new updates in the works, and will keep you up to date on our progress. Thanks for all of the positive responses we have gotten thus far!Related
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.