littleBits is a system of modular electronics that snap together with tiny magnets for prototyping and play. The littleBits starter kit is the first kit by littleBits and contains all you need to get started within seconds. Each bit has a simple, unique function (light, sound, sensors, etc), and modules snap to make larger circuits. With a growing number of available modules, littleBits aims to put the power of engineers in the hands of artists, makers and children. Included in the kit are 10 color coded modules (power, input, output, and wire) that snap together magnetically to create larger circuits, guaranteed to keep kids (or you) occupied for hours. Comes packaged in an attractive case with a magnetic closure and includes an instruction sheet, 9v battery and a custom plastic screwdriver.
littleBits starter kit contents:
- A quick-start instruction set
- A custom-made 9V battery
- A 9V battery connector
- Custom plastic screwdriver
- pressure sensor
- RGB LED
- vibration motor
- Snap and play, magnets prevent you from putting things the wrong way.
- Play with light, sound, sensing and buttons without wiring, soldering or programming.
- Make your own interactive objects, or combine with other construction toys.
- Explain to your children the complex notions of electricity, electronics and science in a fun way!