Another happy customer. I think this was the second kit that I’ve soldered. Data logger being the first. Put everything together and it worked. Next was to hook a USBtinyISP (3rd kit) to it and started customizing. I looked around at various firmwares and grabbed the things that I wanted. My mom was going to have it in the end and she was afraid of destroying it in a haze of I’m not awake yet. So I planned to add an IR receiver to it to give it some distance. Did some software prototyping with an Arduino first to familiarize myself. Downloaded the board layouts to make sure the traces went to where I thought they were going so I could to solder the IR receiver to the right place. I ended up hard coding three buttons (play, pause, stop) on a Sony Remote to the three buttons on the back of the clock with a couple extra for the slide switch.
Did some debugging and testing. Just before the end I wanted to add one more thing and when I went to upload, it failed. The clock seemed dead. Oh noes it can’t be! Turned out I didn’t look at the error message close enough and it was essentially telling me the hex code was too big now to upload.
Thanks for making a product that was easy to hack and tough enough to take my poking and pulling. I probably pulled the tube in and out of the board at least a hundred times during debugging – Doran.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.