Over the last few months we caught up to all the back orders (and back order notifications) for MONOCHRONs! We’re now making them and putting them in stock on a weekly basis – they’re in stock now and shipping immediately!
A new clock kit! This easy kit is easily hackable to do whatever you wish, it’s a clock platform – have fun!
- 128×64 LCD (KS0108) – we special-ordered the black and white display!
- ATmega328 processor (we even stuck an ‘arduino’ stk500 bootloader on there too for hacking ease)
- Laser cut enclosure in black acrylic
- Beeping/blinking alarm with 10 minute snooze
- Battery backed-up real time clock (DS1307) keeps time even when power is lost for years
- European/US and 12/24 hour time display as well as date
- Completely open source hardware, all firmware, layout and CAD files are yours to mess with
- Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in
Comes with: clock kit (includes all parts, programmed chips and LCD), coin battery, enclosure, 9VDC power supply for 220V or 110V and new in this batch: an FTDI Friend + extras for reprogramming the MONOCHRON with new clocks
You’ll need some basic soldering & hand tools that are necessary to assemble it! The good news is that this is a pretty basic kit and even if its your first soldering project, it shouldn’t take more than 2 or 3 hours to put together
For much more information including parts list, instructions, videos, etc. check out the MONOCHRON website