Tonight, Saturday 2/27/2010 – 10pm ET – “Ask an Engineer” – our weekly LIVE video chat!
What is “Ask an engineer”? From the electronics enthusiast to the professional community – “Ask an Engineer” has a little bit of everything for everyone. If you’re a beginner, or an seasoned engineer – stop in and see what we’re up to! We have demos of projects and products we’re working on, we answer you engineering and electronics questions and we have a trivia question + give away each week.
This week we’ll go through some more of chapters one of the books we stock “Make: Electronics by Charles Platt” We checked out this book before putting it in the shop, its geared towards ultimate-beginners and teaches electronics starting from basic core of analog to some digital to microcontrollers. You’ll learn tools, prototyping soldering techniques, transistors, 555′s, etc. while completing useful projects. A nice and tidy intro! This book is a good accompaniment to learning microcontrollers/Arduino in that it fills the necessary electronics theory and background.
We celebrate the released of the MONOCHRON clock, yay! If you’re around *during* the chat we’ll have a discount code for Adafruit kits (including the clock).
- Visit our new “chat” section on Adafruit at 10pm ET, Saturday nights
- Or visit our Ustream page
- For old schoolers, you can use IRC, you’ll need a Ustream log/pass, check out the Ustream IRC how-tos here and here
- We are #adafruit-industries6796 on IRC server chat1.ustream.tv
- There will be a trivia question at the end of the night as always!
- Rules of the chat: be nice, add value, stay on topic (engineering and electronics).
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.